Overview of Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone
Setting up a business in RAK Media Zone is a great way for media start - ups and professionals to start or expand their media-related enterprises in a number of industries, such as media production, music and TV entertainment, TV and radio broadcasting, event management, animation, and publishing. By establishing a business in RAK Media Zone, media entrepreneurs and professionals can network with their colleagues and form B2B alliances to help their businesses develop.
The RAK Media Zone is governed by the RAK Free Zone, which is located in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), an emirate in the United Arab Emirates. The RAK is a free zone jurisdiction that makes a significant contribution to RAK's economic development. For investors seeking to establish businesses in RAK, the city offers a strategic geographic location, a business-friendly environment, and cost competitiveness.
RAK gives easy access to fast-growing markets in the MENA area, as well as Europe and South Asia, making it one of the UAE's top commercial locations. Over the years, all of these characteristics have aided thousands of investors in achieving a higher return on investment.
RAK Media City is a low-cost alternative due to the rising cost of living in Dubai's free zones. The RAK FTZ is appealing to business owners because of its commitment to delivering world-class amenities, excellent business infrastructure, pre-built offices, and media-related company permits.
In terms of economic development, RAK Media City has grown at an unparalleled rate in recent years. Its business-friendly environment policies, which promote media companies, have made it an excellent location for the development of the media and entertainment sectors. Media businesses have complete creative control over their films, radio broadcasts, and television shows.
Types of License available in RAK Media City
Licence to publish.
Periodicals, educational and professional publications, consumer books, promotional material, e-books, directories, and guides
For broadcasting on television and radio.
Production & Post Production License for Filmed Entertainment.
Film production & distribution, media content management & supplier, film content rights management, production, post-production, and animation are among the services offered.
License for Media and Marketing Services
For direct marketing, promotional services, advertising/communications and public relations agencies, intellectual property rights management, media placement, buying and selling, and media representation.
Business & Information License
For any news agency, media research, or information services, a Business & Information Services License is required.
Music & Entertainment License
For music production and recording, music distribution, music publishing, music label and rights management, promotion and management, event management, theme park management, and sports management.
License for New Media and Media Support Services.
Web design and management, interactive services, media software development and integration, access spending, multimedia software development, and digital media management are some of the services available.
License for a Service Provider
Restaurant, stationery, medical clinic, beauty salon, bookshop, kiosk, banking services, interior & set decorator, music & video, travel agency, laundry, insurance service provider, interior & set decorator, music & video, travel agency, laundry, insurance service provider.
Legal advice, accounting and auditing advice, human resources advice, marketing, management, project management advice, and marketing for the entire film and media city.
List of Activities Permitted with RAK Media License
RAK Media Zone is a one-stop shop for practically all media-related industries. The RAK Media License covers all sectors of the media and entertainment sector, including publishing, advertising, and music production. The following list of allowed activities in RAK Media Zone can be browsed by business owners to evaluate if the activities fulfil their needs:
- Advertising and public relations firm
- A design firms
- A public relation firms
- Promotion of sales
- E-Services advertising on the street
- Marketing or communications with a focus on a certain niche
- Corporate identity and branding
- Design for the web
- Buying and placing media
- Design of the costume
- Management of production consultancy
- Management of production and event consulting
- Management of content rights
- DVD authoring / distribution
- Photographic stills
- Recordings, re-productions, and music production
- Distribution of music
- Representatives for music publishing and copyright
Why one should Start a business in RAK Media City?
More than 100 media enterprises are housed in the RAK Media Zone, which facilitates the growth of professionals and businesses in a variety of media fields. RAK Media Zone brings innovative ideas to life with cost-effective and personalised solutions to satisfy unique company demands. Investors and professionals profit from the RAK Media Zone by establishing their enterprises there:
- Media initiatives that are both cost-effective and diverse
- Procedures for forming a business are simple and straightforward.
- Start - ups and SMEs can benefit from premium value-added packages.
- Company registration and business support are handled by a dedicated team.
- There is no taxation.
- Through a local agency, you can have access to the domestic market.
- The ability to choose where to find labour
- Profit repatriation and 100% ownership
- Re-exported items are exempt from customs duties.
- Business and industrial facilities, as well as value-added services
- Access to key logistical centres and multi-lane superhighways
- RAK is accessible through regional offices across the world, providing easy access to markets in the MENA region, Europe, and Asia.
- Access to important logistical centres, such as Saqr Port, is simple.
- The airports of Ras Al Khaima and Dubai are both close by.
- Owners, partners, managers, employees, and labourers are eligible to apply for UAE residency visas.
How will Dhanguard assist you?
Dhanguard is a well-known business setup consultant in the UAE, with years of expertise assisting a variety of enterprises, including media organisations, in establishing their operations in RAK Media Zone. For media firm owners and professionals, we recommend the RAK Media Zone because of its benefits, which include simple and cost-effective business setup procedures and world-class infrastructure. Dhanguard's business setup consultants will help organisations with every step of the procedure, from registration to incorporation. The procedure of forming a company in RAK is simple, but obtaining the assistance of a well-qualified team of business setup consultants can save investors time and money by avoiding unnecessary delays and paperwork.