Table of Contents
How to start a GCC Company branch?
Application Requirements you need to fulfill-
Nationals of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) must own 100% of the enterprise.
All of the documents you submit must be in Arabic and be available in both an
electronic copy and an original.
The individuals concerned must submit the licensing application themselves or through
a legal power of attorney delegated by them.
The procedure of the Application
- If you haven't already, you'll need to obtain a trade name which is approved.
- After that, you'll need preliminary approval, which is a certificate that allows
you to apply for a business license. Preliminary approval to start a business
might be found in our guide.
- Depending on the nature of your business activity, you may additionally need
authorization from other relevant authorities.
Consider the following scenario:
- If you work in the insurance industry, you may need to apply for approval from
the Insurance Authority.
- If your company is in the healthcare field, you may need to seek Ministry of
You can apply for a business license online or in person at a Department of Economic
Development (DED) customer service facility.
What are the supporting documents that you need to maintain?
You must provide the following documents as part of your business license
- your certificate of trademark registration
- your certificate of preliminary approval
- the applicant's UAE identification card (and passport, if applicable)
- the lease agreement for your company's location
- If you're submitting your license application through a representative, you'll
need a power of attorney signed by a notary public, as well as a representation,
such as a photo or photocopy, of the business signboard bearing the
calligrapher's seal and signature, as well as the board measurements.
- If your business needs permission to carry out its economic activity, you'll
need a no-objection certificate from the proper government.
- the parent company's home country's business registration or license
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Parent Company
- the parent company's board of directors' resolution on the opening of an Abu
Cost of setting up a GCC Company Branch
- The following charges must be paid:
- The charge for obtaining a commercial license is AED 100.
- The cost of registering a business is AED 100.
- AED 150 per square meter for a signboard
- 25 percent service improvement charge + activity fee, commercial activity
- Depending on your company's economic activities, you may have to pay additional
GCC Nationals: An Overview of UAE Mainland Company Registration Guidelines
The United Economic Agreement was signed in Riyadh on June 7, 1981, by the Gulf
Cooperation Council members (the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, the Sultanate
of Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, and Bahrain). The important points for founding a GCC firm
in Dubai, other parts of the UAE, and other GCC states are outlined in this
- GCC nationals can register their business as a sole proprietorship or a
partnership (given that all partners are GCC nationals). Nationals of the Gulf
Cooperation Council (GCC) can own 100% of commercial and professional firms.
- A GCC national who wants to start a business with a non-GCC national can only do
so through a limited liability corporation, with the UAE national shareholder
owning 51 percent of the shares.
- GCC enterprises with 100% GCC ownership are permitted to open branches on the
UAE mainland. The Ministry of Economy does not need to be notified about such
- A person's business activity must be registered with the appropriate customs
body. Depending on the license they have, an entity can register for many
services. However, before registering, check sure the item you want to import
isn't on the list of prohibited items. When it comes to the import of prohibited
commodities, UAE regulations are particularly severe.
How can Dhanguard help?
We at Dhanguard strive to provide you with hassle free and quick solutions along with
expert suggestions so that you can establish your Branches efficiently. Feel free to
checkout our website our contact us to get speedy assistance!
Dhanguard provides the business setup and company
formation services in Dubai, UAE with the guidance of our professional team of consultants. Faster and hassle-free
company setup in Mainland and Freezone in UAE.
Dhanguard provides the company formation
services in Dubai, UAE with the guidance of our professional team of consultants. Faster and hassle-free
offshore company formation services and company formation services in Mainland and Freezone in UAE.