The E-trader license in Dubai, which was launched in 2017 by the Department of Economic Development (DED), is geared towards home entrepreneurs who do business using social media. Individuals and single-owner enterprises will find it easier to market their services and products on social media with the E-Trader license.
Customers' trust in online buying will be bolstered as well. The DED's introduction of the E-trade license came in the wake of attempts to combat counterfeit and bogus products offered on social media sites such as Instagram. The license's goal is to control the sale of items and services in Dubai via social media. Dhanguard will assist you to get a E-Trader License in Abu Dhabi.
Do you require an E-Trader License in Abu Dhabi?
You'll need an E-trader license in Dubai if you're an individual who promotes or sells products and services through social media accounts or a personal website. Stay-at-home mothers advertising homemade products or photographic services and selling on Instagram in Dubai, for example, would be covered under this home business license.
- Home entrepreneurs who don't have or need a real office location can apply for an E-trade license in Dubai without having to register with Ejari Dubai.
- It's great for freelancers and single-owner home-based firms that don't require a local partner.
What can you do in Abu Dhabi with an E-Trader License?
These are the following points
- Individuals can lawfully promote and sell items and services through social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, and others, as well as a personal website, with this license.
- You can also use internet marketplaces to promote their products and services. Individuals and single-owner enterprises can legally participate in and reach out to clients at exhibitions and conferences in Dubai with this home business license.
- It will also safeguard your trademark and any other intellectual property you own. You can also attend DED training and courses if you have an E-trader license.
- An E-trader license is only available to a single-owner home-based business or freelancer in Dubai. Individuals who hold this Dubai home business license are unable to open a physical store or issue visas.
Conditions for an E-Trade License in Abu Dhabi for Online Business
It’s important to note there are conditions on what you can sell on social media with an E-trader license in Dubai.
- GCC and UAE National entrepreneurs with the license can use their social media profiles to undertake commercial (i.e., sell physical things and goods) and professional (i.e., sell professional services) activities.
- Expats' eligibility for an E-trader license is determined by their nationality. Non-GCC expats can offer professional services but not physical objects on social media. Maintenance, repair, event management, and photography services are all examples of this.
How do you get an E- Trade License?
Procedure for obtaining an E-trader license in Dubai is straightforward and quick.
- On the DED Trader website, you can apply for a license in Dubai.
- Make an account with DED Trader, register, and pay.
- When registering for the license, include information about your social media profiles.
- Please wait for confirmation. In most cases, you'll receive the license confirmation within five to ten minutes, which you may then print.
What are the Benefits of the E-Trader License?
Following are some of the benefits of E-Trader license for expats
- The cheapest license in Dubai is AED1, 070, plus an additional AED300 for mandatory membership in the Dubai Chamber of Commerce. The license must be renewed every year, and the costs must be paid every year as well.
- There is no requirement for an Emirati local sponsor because the company is 100% owned by the Emiratis.
- Individual ownership is appropriate for someone who is just starting out in business.
- Setting up an account on the internet is simple and quick but if you still want someone to organize this for you to avoid any errors, (then Dhanguard Group can help you)
- Allows for the provision of activities across Dubai (however, if you wanted to provide your services in another Emirate, then it would be necessary to obtain a trade license in the respective Emirate and Dhanguard can help you with this too)
- The license can be used for numerous activities.
What are the Limitations of the Abu Dhabi E Trader License?
There are various drawbacks to the Dubai E Trader license for expats (non-Emirates and non-GCC nationals) to be aware of
- Does not grant the expat a visa to stay in the country.
- Does not allow the expat to hire employees; in fact, the individual is a sole trader working alone.
- Does not allow the expat to rent commercial space, such as an office, a workshop, or a commercial kitchen.
- Expats are unable to sell goods; either retail or wholesale (however, do note that Emirati nationals and GCC nationals can sell goods with the e trader license)
- Nationality-based restrictions on activities.
Who is not suitable for the E-Trader License?
Not everyone is eligible for the E Trader license. It's not for you if you're in any of the following situations
- Non-Dubai residents
- Applicants who require a visa and an Emirates ID must apply for a license.
- Applicants who need to rent a business space and work from it, such as a shop, garage, or office.
- Those that want to expand their firm and hire employees.
- Applicants who seek to do business in a location other than Dubai, such as Abu Dhabi.
You can apply for an e-trader license in Dubai through the Dhanguard website. Create a Dhanguard account, register, and pay. Include details about your social media profiles while registering for the license. Dhanguard strives to make this process easier and less time-consuming for you. So, instead of coming to us, come to us and let us take care of the rest. Connect with Dhanguard for any details you need.
Dhanguard provides the business setup and company
formation services in Dubai, UAE with the guidance of our professional team of consultants. Faster and
hassle-free company setup in Mainland and Freezone in UAE.
Dhanguard provides faster and hassle-free Trade
License with minimum paper work. With the guidance of our professional team of consultants you will get
General trading license, Freelance license, Etrader license, Event Management License, Travel Agency license in
Mainland and Freezone in UAE.